Swedish Medical Group is looking for a Health Navigator \(1\.0, Days\) to work for Accountable Care Organization Support at the Swedish Bank of America Building in Seattle, WA\.
The Health Navigator works closely with a multidisciplinary healthcare team of physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, case managers, nurses, and caregivers as a single point of contact to provide resources and assistance to patients and families with accessing clinical and supportive care offered by SMG clinics and elsewhere in the community\. The Health Navigator finds creative solutions to patients' barriers to care and is integral in helping to support patients as they learn to self\-navigate\.
In this position you will:
- Act as liaison between the patient and the various clinic areas, hospitals, and ancillary services to coordinate activities involved for patient care\.
- Contact patients who are "at risk" for barriers to care, in coordination with and as directed by case manager and/or care team\.
- Directly involved with the development and enhancement processes with the aim to improve the clinical experience for referred patients\.
- Can facilitate team conferences; develop education programs and tools for both clinic and patient\.
- Communicate with health care team members regarding the status and/or completion of care coordination activities\.
- Coordinate multidisciplinary planning conferences, develop concise patient summaries for use by the care team, and document recommendations made utilizing standardized care protocols\.
Required qualification for this position include:
- AA or BA college degree with a health care or social service focus
- Minimum 2 year experience in a patient care setting involving interaction with a variety of medical services, contact with patients and families, and interaction with physicians and providers
- Demonstrated understanding of medical terminology
- Demonstrated knowledge of community resources available within system and outside organizations
- Demonstrated understanding of insurance authorization process
- Prior experience providing a high level of customer service including handling confidential data with discretion
- Demonstrated PC skills, i\.e\. proficient with MS Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook; demonstrated typing proficiency
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- BSW or other Health Related field
- Social Service certification
- CCM certification
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally, as well as to interact in a professional manner with colleagues, patients, families, and visitors
About Swedish Medical Group
Swedish Medical Group \(SMG\) is a successful, performance\-driven division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area\. The SMG network includes more than 900 providers across more than 130 primary care and specialty care clinics\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Health Plans
Req ID: 149079