Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in financial management, accounting, economics, business administration, public administration or closely related field and eight years of professional experience in assigned area, which includes three years of staff supervisory, budgetary, and management of banking, investment/investor and reporting functions; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Licenses or Certifications:
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Treasury Professional (CTP)
Required Knowledge of:
• Operational characteristics, services, and activities of a treasury division and associated fiscal and investment functions.
• Cash flow forecasting, budget, financial analysis and modeling skills.
• Understanding investment instruments, financial market and banking practices.
• Program/project management techniques and principles.
• Accounting theory, principles, and practices.
• Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Government Accounting Standards Board pronouncements (GASB) principles and government regulations.
• Public finance and knowledge in debt issuance and management.
• Fare collection and transit operations.
• Applications of electronic data processing and analysis.
• Pertinent state and federal regulations; Agency policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
• External and management reporting requirements.
• Principles and practices of program development and administration.
• Principles and practices of governmental budget preparation and administration.
• Report preparation.
• Supervisory principles, methods and techniques.
• Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers.
• Computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and statistical databases.
Required Skill in:
• Cash flow forecasting and financial modeling.
• Utilizing personal computer software programs affecting assigned work and in compiling and preparing spreadsheets.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other division staff, management, vendors, outside agencies, community groups and the general public.
• Interpreting and administering policies and procedures sufficient to administer, discuss, resolve, and explain them to staff and other constituencies.
• Preparing and analyzing complex data and numerical computations and comprehensive reports.
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex agreements and contracts.
• Maintaining confidentiality and communicating with tact and diplomacy.
• Supervising the operations, programs, and services of the Division, including leading and delegating tasks and authority.
• Responding to inquiries and in effective oral and written communication.
• Researching, analyzing, and evaluating new service delivery methods and techniques.
• Applying advanced project management techniques and principles.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Work is performed in a standard office environment.
• Subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping, and lifting of objects up to 25 pounds.
The Agency promotes a safe and healthy work environment and provides appropriate safety and equipment training for all personnel as required.
It is the responsibility of all employees to follow the Agency safety rules, regulations, and procedures pertaining to their assigned duties and responsibilities, which could include systems, operations, and/or other employees.
Apply online: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/soundtransit/default.cfm
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value workplace diversity. We seek to create an environment and culture that embraces the differences of our employees. You will find an exceptionally diverse group of people at Sound Transit with regard to culture, beliefs, communication styles, and life and work experiences.
All qualified applicants are considered in accordance with applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, marital status or veteran status or any another legally protected status.