|Req #: ||140140 |
|Department: ||UTEMP STAFFING PROGRAM |
|Job Location: || Downtown Seattle, Harborview Medical Center, Health Sciences Center, Northgate, Other Locations, Sand Point, Seattle Campus, South Lake Union, University District, UW Bothell, UW Medical Center, UW Tacoma, UWMC Roosevelt |
|Posting Date: ||02/15/2017 |
|Closing Info: || Open Continuous |
|Salary: ||Min of $15/hr |
|Shift: ||variable |
| Looking for a change? |
UTemp Staffing could be the answer you're seeking, even if you've never considered temporary employment before. UTemp is a great way for you to explore career options!
- For seekers of permanent job opportunities Gain exposure to the university environment and culture, and obtain valuable UW experience to add to your resume while waiting to hear back on other positions.
- If you're new to the area Temporary work is an excellent way to get acquainted with one of Washington's largest employers, and learn more about what this institution has to offer.
- Looking to earn some additional income? Working through UTemp is a good way to keep your skills sharp and make some extra money if you're freelance, self-employed, or retired.
- UTemp employment comes with many of the perks and benefits that UW offers. Check out our website for specifics. Opportunities range from entry-level to professional staff. No, you aren't overqualified!
- Flexibility of work assignments will help you learn new skills, systems or processes, broadening both your experience and your resume.
- Varied durations and locations - UTemp facilitates opportunities for temps across all three campuses (Seattle, Bothell and Tacoma), as well as UW Medicine (which includes UWMC and Harborview Medical Center).
- You'll gain the opportunity to work with recruiters who understand that your skills and talents go beyond your resume.
| UTemp Staffing provides temporary employment services to departments in need of contingent staffing throughout the entire University of Washington (UW) community. |
The job opportunities we present to our temp candidates are determined by the current needs of University departments and vary from week to week. Job opportunities span a range of categories, frequently including administrative, clerical, skilled and unskilled labor. Duration of assignments span a single day up to six months.
The University of Washington is proud to be one of the nation's premier educational institutions. The Chronicle of Higher Education has recognized UW as a Great College to Work For. Our employees are valued as an important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service.
As a temporary employee you will support the University's mission by providing essential services to students, patients, faculty and our local community. Gaining skills and experience, and having opportunities to network and make positive connections here at the UW, can make you a competitive candidate for other jobs, and maybe even lead you into a new career.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does my resume need to be one page?
Our applicant tracking system does not have page parameters. We recommend creating a comprehensive resume highlighting all of your education, skills, experience and qualifications.
What happens after I apply?
Your application will always remain as Applied/In Review. If our Staffing Specialists identify skills and experience on your resume that match current job requests, we may contact you to find out more about your job interests and availability. If you possess competencies we are looking for, you will be invited to our office to interview in person. After a successful interview, we must also complete satisfactory reference and background checks prior to moving forward with job placement.
How long until I hear from someone?
Our Staffing Specialists are continually recruiting from this candidate bank throughout the year. Length of time until contact will depend on how well your skills and experience align with the job orders we are currently receiving. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we are not able to contact every applicant.
How will I be contacted?
UTemp may contact you by phone or email. Please keep your contact information current to avoid missing opportunities. You can edit your contact information on the Edit My Profile tab of your UWHires profile.
Where do available UTemp jobs get posted?
Due to the immediate nature of department job requests, UTemp does not post specific jobs. If you are brought into our temp pool, you will be contacted about jobs that match your skills and experience. Specific temporary jobs that are posted on UW Jobs are not filled by UTemp. To be considered for any other publically posted job opportunity at the UW, you must apply to those jobs directly.
Do you have temp-to-perm opportunities?
No, but you may continue applying to permanent jobs while you are a UTemp employee. Working as a UTemp employee can enhance your skillset and make you a more competitive candidate for UW jobs than someone who has not worked at the University of Washington.
Who should I contact with questions?
You may email our department at firstname.lastname@example.org
|CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:|
| UTemp jobs are contingent upon obtaining satisfactory results from a reference check and criminal background check. |
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or email@example.com.