Highland is a boutique financial life management company located in Bellevue,
Washington, and a trusted advisor to many of the most successful wealth creators in the country. Through a customized advisory relationship, we provide investment
management, comprehensive financial planning, and money and life coaching services.
The Director of Investments is responsible for leading the development and effective
execution of Highlands’s investment strategy.
Investment Committee Resource
- Provide a leadership role and facilitate the committee meetings.
- Develop market reports, white papers, performance talking points, and support other written communication media as needed.
- Refine and communicate investment vision and strategy for liquid and illiquid investment vehicles.
- Develop macro and market assumptions that lead to strategic allocation recommendations for investment pools.
- Assess and monitor overall risk exposures in the strategy pools.
- Regularly review and monitor funds and/or managers, and make recommendations on new and replacement candidates.
- Maintain a current awareness of new investment strategies and instruments through regular contact with investment industry professionals and personal research.
- Oversee and efficiently implement the global trading needs of the firm while being keenly aware of trading costs and tax implications.
- Develop and document investment process and procedures.
Client Service Resource
- Produce investment second opinions as requested by clients.
- Develop and maintain quarterly written opinions about client exposures to various concentrated public stocks i.e. MSFT, SBUX, AMZN, NKE, etc.
- Communicate internally and externally Highland’s investment strategy, performance, process, and return expectations.
- Utilize deep industry knowledge and consult on a wide range of investment opportunities and questions, to advise clients of appropriate investment choices for their circumstances.
- Proactively participate in efforts to strengthen existing relationships and identify new business opportunities as it relates to investment services.
- Create and promote a results-oriented, client-focused experience that maximizes satisfaction and retention for clients and staff.
- Exhibit and adhere to company values; actively support them and build them into the culture.
- Embrace Highland’s mission and vision.
- Seek to develop self and others; promote personal growth and excellent client outcomes.
- Collaborate effectively with the team; be creative, flexible, and adaptable.
- Participate actively in Highland’s strategic planning processes; set and manage goals for successful outcomes.
- Mentor and lead other staff members.
- Promote a strong compliance culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or economics or equivalent work experience
- CFA designation required
- Minimum of 10+ years related experience in financial services industry
- Advanced understanding of financial markets and generalized knowledge across a wide spectrum of investments
- Thorough and complete understanding of modeling, portfolios, trading, and applications
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with exceptional ability to present complex data to clients in a clear, straightforward manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be professional, assertive, and effective in understanding client needs and communicating Highland’s ability to service those needs
- Must possess business maturity and the ability to work and lead in a team environment, be personally
Commensurate with experience.