Seeking an outstanding Family Medicine Physician (with or without OB) in the beautiful Portland/Vancouver Metro Area
Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the Cascade Mountains; perched on the north bank of the Columbia River sits a unique blend of Pacific Northwest flavors known as Vancouver, Washington. From the area's natural wonders, including Mt. St. Helens, to the region's laid back dining culture, one thing is for certain: this burgeoning suburb of the Portland Metro area has a personality of its own! Here, PeaceHealth Medical Group is seeking outstanding Family Physicians (with or without OB) for practice in our Fisher’s Landing Clinic.
Why you’ll love the practice:
- Join an established practice of 17 providers (a mixture of traditional Family Medicine, Family Medicine OB and Advanced Practice)
- Outpatient only practice
- ~23 patients/day
- Call frequency is 1:17
- Beautiful clinic with 48 exam rooms, three procedure rooms and an in-house Lab, EKG and X-Ray (Remodeled in 2005)
Why you’ll love Vancouver:
- Providers are deeply integrated into the community and a have a strong desire to care for their neighbors.
- Vancouver has a robust, independent city with over 160k people with the additional advantage of being part of the Portland, Oregon metro area.
- Vancouver is the county seat in Clark County named for the Lewis and Clark expedition
- The temperate climate in eastern Washington and Oregon nurtures beautiful landscapes, bountiful fruit and vegetable harvests, and world famous flowers such as tulips and roses.
- Outdoor lovers will enjoy quick access to the Pacific Ocean, Mt. Hood, Mount St. Helens, and never-ending outdoor recreation options in the Pacific Northwest
- The metro area has world class cuisine, wine, and beer which are mostly locally produced and sourced.
- Downtown Vancouver is only 9 miles from downtown Portland, 80 miles to the Pacific Coast, and 160 miles to Seattle
- Washington State does not have state income tax
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center is a 450-bed hospital with a Level II trauma center. They are one of the largest employer in Clark County.
- 24/7 Hospitalist team provides hospital care and call coverage and there is a nurse phone-triage team.
- Last year there were more than 224k outpatient clinic visits
- Over 600 active medical providers with most specialty services provided locally
- In 2014 they received a Gold Star Recognition from the Washington State Hospital Association for clinical initiatives designed to reduce readmission rates and infections.
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage and wellness program
- Generous compensation, paid time off and sick leave
- CME reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive retirement plan options
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Educational Loan Reimbursement for those who qualify
For more information about our careers in Washington, contact:
Seth, Provider Recruiter
For all other PeaceHealth Careers, visit us at jobs.peacehealth.org
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Washington, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Health—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
PeaceHealth is an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.