Seeking an experienced Osteopathic Physician for Residency Faculty in the Pacific Northwest
Family Medicine of Southwest Washington (FMSW) is seeking an experienced Osteopathic Physician to join our faculty and practice within our Residency Program. We are seeking out someone with 3+ years’ experience, practiced in OMT and willing to share their knowledge with a fantastic group of residents.
FMSW is an unopposed, community-based, University of Washington School of Medicine-affiliated residency program located in Vancouver, Washington. It is a part of the University of Washington Family Medicine Residency Network and sponsored by PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center.
Why you’ll love the practice:
- 20 year running program
- Join 24 residents, 22 practicing faculty physicians and 3 physician assistants in clinical practice
- NCQA Level II Medical Home
- Embedded LCSW, Pharmacist, and Behavioral Health PhD
- Mixture of personal clinic, hospital attending and precepting duties
- ~18 patients/day per clinic session
- Shared call between faculty
- Program founders are still leading the program
Why you’ll love Vancouver:
- Providers are deeply integrated into the community and a have a strong desire to care for their neighbors.
- Vancouver has a robust, independent city with over 160k people with the additional advantage of being part of the Portland, Oregon metro area.
- Vancouver is the county seat in Clark County named for the Lewis and Clark expedition
- The temperate climate in eastern Washington and Oregon nurtures beautiful landscapes, bountiful fruit and vegetable harvests, and world famous flowers such as tulips and roses.
- Outdoor lovers will enjoy quick access to the Pacific Ocean, Mt. Hood, Mount St. Helens, and never-ending outdoor recreation options in the Pacific Northwest
- The metro area has world class cuisine, wine, and beer which are mostly locally produced and sourced.
- Downtown Vancouver is only 9 miles from downtown Portland, 80 miles to the Pacific Coast, and 160 miles to Seattle
- Washington State does not have state income tax
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center is a 450-bed hospital with a Level II trauma center. They are one of the largest employer in Clark County.
- 24/7 Hospitalist team provides hospital care and call coverage and there is a nurse phone-triage team.
- Last year there were more than 224k outpatient clinic visits
- Over 600 active medical providers with most specialty services provided locally
- In 2014 they received a Gold Star Recognition from the Washington State Hospital Association for clinical initiatives designed to reduce readmission rates and infections.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!
For more information about our careers in Washington, contact:
Seth, Provider Recruiter
For all other PeaceHealth Careers, visit us at jobs.peacehealth.org
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Washington, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Health—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
PeaceHealth is an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.