| Join our award-winning team at University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC). Among the top ten medical centers in the United States as rated by U.S. News & World Report "America's Best Hospitals", UWMC prides itself on compassionate patient care as well as its pioneering medical advances. UWMC is operated by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UW's School of Medicine. The University of Washington is proud to be one of the nation's premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty. |
UWMC's Environmental Services has multiple outstanding opportunities for a part time temporary/hourly, 2nd Shift Custodians. The responsibilities for this role include:
- Cleans and disinfects all furniture, fixtures, and equipment according to procedure.
- Removes and properly handles soiled linen; disinfects and remakes beds in patient rooms; dust and wet mops hard floors with disinfectant.
- Empties/relines wastebaskets, regulated medical waste containers, and recycle containers. Clean outdoor ashtrays.
- Performs bloodborne pathogen and chemical spill containment and clean-up according to procedure.
- Cleans, disinfects, and restocks supplies in restrooms.
- Strips, cleans, buffs, and applies finish to floors. Uses high speed floor buffers, polishers, and automated floors scrubbers.
- Performs in between case cleaning and terminal cleaning of surgical, obstetrical, and invasive procedure rooms including flood mopping and disinfecting according to procedure.
- Vacuums and spot clean carpets; operates automated carpet shampooers and extractors.
- Spot cleans and disinfects walls, doors, ceilings, and vents. Wipes down hand touch areas with disinfectant. Performs high dusting. Transplant cleans patient and construction areas according to procedures.
- Cleans interior or easily accessible exterior windows. Takes down and rehangs cubicle curtains.
- Performs cleaning and related activities in areas within a reasonable distance outside of the facility using hand-operated tools or small power equipment to remove snow or debris, and sweep sidewalks or stairs.
- Follows written and/or verbal instructions regarding the use of chemicals, personal protective apparel, supplies, and equipment. Complies with safety policies and procedures and medical center emergency and disaster procedures.
- Maintains environmental services closet, supplies, cart, and equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
- Sets up, moves, and takes down equipment and furniture and transports items to be repaired.
- Reports the need for repair and/or maintenance of furniture or equipment.
- Performs related duties as requested by the supervisor.